Sorry for the most boring post in all of Boringland, but for my own sanity I needed to put the (potential) house to do list down in writing.
1. Buy a new front door, paint it red. New doorbell. New door knocker.
2. Hang basket of nasturtiums on the front porch
3. Plant a lemon tree in the backyard. Or avocado? Or cherry?
4. Build planter boxes in the backyard – fill with tomatoes.
5. Sod the backyard.
6. Buy a gazebo, rig up some hanging cafe lights. Buy outside heater lamp thingee.
7. Utility tables in the garage.
8. Dog food and cat food bins outside next to garage. (Racoon proof).
9. Plant a border of flowers along the edge of the backyard.
10. Plant beaucoup roses in the front.
11. Add a front porch, a third bedroom, and a finished attic. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
12. Put a porch swing on my add on front porch.
12. Hot tub. Enough said.
13. Add closet organizers to increase closet space.
14. Switch out door knobs with overpriced glass door knobs from Anthropologie.
15. Install a system of coat hooks for backpacks and purses in the front entryway.
16. Add a stainless steel dishwasher, refrigerator, and gas stove. (Is stainless steel the avocado green of our generation?)
17. Kitchen: New white cabinets, green or stainless cabinet knobs, gray slate floor, and hickory countertops. And an orange rug. Some cabinets with glass door fronts to display jadeite collection.
18. Built in microwave thingee.
19. Bathroom: Remove giant mirror, replace with medicine cabinet. Add shelving. Add pedestal sink. Move toilet next to the sink. Remove glass shower door, replace with shower curtain and rod. Buy new towel racks and add hooks to the back of the bathroom door. Buy new towels. Remove icky marble floor tile and retile in small ceramic tiles.
20. Buy new dining room chairs.
21. Buy a small black desk from West Elm and a desk chair, put in corner of dining room with flat screen monitor and IMAC.
22. Frame Sweet Juniper photograph, hang over fireplace.
23. Pry off horrendous marble tiles on fireplace. Add white wooden mantle and green tiles from Heath.
24. Buy a new changing table and a big boy bed.
25. Replace the horrible Home Depot Special light fixtures with something else.
26. Buy a long low dresser for the bedroom.
27. Replace the small living room window with either one giant window and three bigger windows.
28. Put the shutters back on the front of the house.
29. New duvet cover, new headboard, new sheets, nightstands.
30. Try to fall out of love with the most overpriced coffee table in America or else find $700 dollars on the street. (look at the room view to really see how nice it would look in my house).
31. Buy flash hot water heater. Take longest shower of all time.
32. Harangue stepfather into adding built in bookshelves to living room.
33. Make couch cushions or rob bank.
34. Buy new hamper, laundry basket, and one of those retractable clotheslines for the back yard.
35. Replace hollow core doors.
36. Buy an overstuffed chair and a half.
37. Buy a real rug that isn’t from Target.
38. Hang a pot rack in the kitchen.
39. Futon cover
40. Pillow cases
41. Washing machine
42. BBQ grill
43. Frame alphabet poster, prints, and make an area with a letter E and b and w photos.
44. Flickr alphabet poster, magazine collage poster, alphabet vegetable poster
45. make headboard
46. make vintage ABC book poster
47. reframe velvet painting
48.Refinish dining room table and chairs
49. FIgure out laundry room storage
50. Put something (IKEA rack thingee?) where the hot water heater used to be
Filed under: Uncategorized | 7 Comments »