1. I want to grow grass on my bathroom window sill. Not THAT kind of grass, just like, decorative wheatgrass or something. So I need a skinny long metal bin sort of thing. Any idea what I could use? What I should search for on Ebay or Etsy? I thought maybe an old loaf pan, but they are too wide and not long enough and they also look like…well, loaf pans. I saw the perfect thing in the CB2 catalog I just got and of course they don’t sell it, it’s just for DECORATION or whatever, which, hi, I find to be uber lame. When the only thing I want to buy in your catalog is some crap your stylist found at a flea market maybe you should just be selling the crap your stylist buys at the flea market. Except these. These I love and I think I might have to hang them from my ceiling or something. Luckily for me they actually sell them in their store. Remarkable.
That reminds me of this story I think I have told before about how whenever Mr. E sees gourds in the grocery store, like around halloween time they have those big bins of small gourds for sale? Anyway, he always freaks out whenever he sees them and one time he admitted that when he was a freshman in college he and his roommate Andrew bought a bunch of these gourds and hung them from the doorway of their dorm room, and after he was done telling this story I just looked at him and said “Seriously? What did girls say when they came over?!” and he looked right back at me and said “Oh hon. Girls never came to our room.”
2. What do you think of this yellow clutch? I decided I needed something to carry all my crap around in at my sister in law’s wedding this summer. I’m either going to be wearing a pink as hell sashy v neck dress from J Crew or a navy v neck shirt with a poofy yellow skirt. But I am undecided on the clutch. Please don’t tell me the sashy thing is over and tired because that’s just how it is, the dress comes with a sash. Let’s just be happy I’m not wearing a Snuggle and be done with it.
3. Regarding point 2, do you say “blouse” when you mean fancy shirt from Anthropologie that costs $88 dollars? Because I find the word blouse to be kind of distasteful. It reminds me old ladies and their bras, for some reason. But I honestly don’t know what other word I would use. I almost had an emotional breakdown during all four seasons of Felicity because she would not stop using the word “top” when she obviously meant sweater, so maybe I just have a fancy shirt word disorder or something.
4. So I started painting the trim on the front of my house, but it was so peely and gross that I decided I had to scrape it first. I couldn’t bring myself to just slap a coat of paint on top of the crusty mess that other people had already slapped seven trillion layers of paint on. But then after I scraped, not that much of the paint or stucco or god knows what else came off. So if I paint over that, you’ll totally see the bits where I scraped. What do I do now? Sand down all the rest of the layers that won’t chip off? Why am I now having a weird vision of myself spending all summer slaving over a hot power sander? Sigh.
I love it when something that sounds so easy during a pre buying house walk through or written down on a to do list replace floors! Buy a gas stove! Paint the trim white! new gate! replace the front door!) turns out to be a giant giant pain in the ass project, don’t you? And yet somehow it’s so easy to write these things on a list or dismissively tick them off quickly when buying the house to begin with. You never remember how much the actual painting part sucks until you sit down to actually paint.
Wow, I am all kinds of deep today, eh?
5. Has anyone out there ever used Yolo paint? I was planning on going Benjamin Moore all the way, but the color range of Yolo really appeals to me. I get overwhelmed so easily when it comes to paint colors and there just aren’t enough Yolo colors to really freak anyone out. Opinions?
6. Does anyone have any idea how much it costs to put a window back in a house? The jack asses who flipped my house removed two of the living room windows. Before I do built ins, I was wondering if maybe I should put the windows back in? But I have no idea if we’re talking $500 dollars or $15,000 dollars, you know?
7. Any ideas for cheap mother’s day presents that aren’t pictures of my child? (That chip has already been cashed many many times.) We have about nine presents to give in the month of May, so the cheaper the better. Books? Necklaces? Just cards?
8. Is $24 dollars a good price for four pairs of summer pajamas, or should I buy them at Target? The child own no summer pajamas, somehow, and he can’t sleep in just a diaper because he’ll take it off and start crying at the injustice of the pant less state. He’s so high maintenance, that one.
9. I am trying to think of random things to ask you now just because I want this list to be ten things long. A little crazy? Yessir.
10. How great would it be if they would just hurry up and invent the Diet Coke Slurpee already? The time is NOW, 7 Eleven peeps – I have tried that Crystal Light business you’ve been trying to pass off for three summers now and I am not having it. DIET COKE SLURPEES or NOTHING!
Filed under: Uncategorized |