So recently a non blog friend of mine emailed me to tell me that she having a hard time of it, but that she had made a list of things that she was going to do as part of her plan for improvement. I LOVE this idea. It’s supposed to be 12 things, but I am long winded. Obvs.
I don’t want this to be a list of things to accomplish or a list of things that I am not getting done or a list of things that I am failing at. I like to think of it as a list of things that keep me sane in a crazy crazy world. At least until summer comes along and I can take a big deep breath of sunshine.
1. Sit with my magic light every day for 20 minutes, and turn on all the lights in the house as much as possible.
2. Fit back into the giant load of pants I have stashed away in Rubbermaid bins all over my house. (I am doing this Biggest Blogging Loser thing and I have high hopes. I no longer have any desire to be “skinny” but if I cannot make good use of the 14 pairs of size 10 pants I have, that’s ridiculous. I have lots of mini steps to add to this plan but I shall refrain from listing them because Manda told me I am only allowed to help her or we won’t win! Kidding, kidding. But not really.)
3. Paint my toenails and keep them painted (this is a good one).
4. Try to remember to put on face lotion, brush my hair, brush my teeth, put on a tiny bit of makeup, and wear earrings every day. This makes me feel so much better about myself and I never do it.
5. Keep the dining room table cleared off. Also like fighting a losing battle, but it makes me feel so much better when I manage it.
6. Make the bed every morning. I just started doing this after 34 years, and every time I walk in the bedroom, it makes me happy. It takes 30 seconds and it makes a huge difference in my day.
7. Magic pills! (more on this later)
8. Drive every day. The more I do it, the less it terrifies me.
9. Do some form of exercise at least three times a week. I hurt my knee so it might just have to be yoga, but even that makes a big difference. I have this crazy yoga lady on PBS I love and I have recorded some of her sessions on the DVR.
10. Spend evenings reading with my electric blanket, instead of watching TV or surfing the internet. I am getting internetted out. I need to step away from the computer.
11. Vacuum incessantly. I feel SO much better about my house and my day when the floor is clean. I have a dirty husband and a dog and a cat and a toddler and a six month old, so this has to be done all the time, but it’s the number one thing that takes me from “I hate my house and my life” to a feeling of peace and contentment.
12. Cut my hair. I am growing it out. I hate it. I need to get it cut.
13. Keep a to do list of only the things I hope to get accomplished THAT day instead of a giant list that overwhelms me and stresses me out.
14. Keep on banging out house projects, and quit buying clothes so I can afford to do this. Working on our new bed right now, and then the bedroom will be almost done! I am thinking of making that crazy wax paper pendant as the last touch. And I need a nightstand. And then I’ll move onto the crib. And then I’m going to debrownify my living room. And then I am going to tackle the kitchen, oh yes I am.
15. Return emails when I read them and keep my in box to 100 emails or less.
16. Check out and read The Happiness Project, and acknowledge my need for gold stars. Give myself lots of gold stars. Tell other people to give me gold stars. And try to give up on needing gold stars so much.
I have 16! I need to get rid of some!
Filed under: Uncategorized |