1. paint the baseboards and the trim white
2. add thresholds to the floors
find a bench for the dining room
paint the china cabinet, the bookshelves, and something else I can’t remember.
5. buy a new couch and a new chair for the living room
buy a tv stand and a new tv
7. put feet on the desk and paint it white
recover the garage sale ottoman
decide on the wall candle holder, get candle cups
10. buy a new living room rug
clean the old rug and put it in the kids room
decide if we need to keep the glider or get rid of it
13. put the windows back in the living room and fix the leaky front window
14. replace the terrible edging next to the roses
15. landscape the side yard with some rocks
16. add shutters to the front of the house
17. give the marigolds in the window boxes a stern talking to and tell them to shape up their act
18. buy a new front door, add knobs and a lock, paint it red, and buy a new screen door.
19. cover the front porch columns, buy an olive plant, and tile the steps.
20. put new ikea butcher block counters in, stain them dark, seal them, put in a new white underhang sink, and add a chrome faucet.
21. buy a new doormat
22. buy two more red adirondack chairs when they go on sale.
23. lounge furniture for the back yard.
24. line the pergola with misters.
25. replace the kids light fixture with the vintage barn one (which needs to be rewired).
repaint the dining room
27. finally figure out the furniture arrangement in the living room.
28. fix the trundle bed and get a mattress for it
29. move up the kitchen cabinets, add crown molding, repaint and seal everything, add a tile backsplash, and add a low shelf.
30. add bamboo blinds to the front window.
paint the kids dresser
finish replacing all the gold/chrome door knobs and buy orb door stops
33. buy a door stop and knocker for the front door.
figure out what to do with my two white frilly frames.
put up more pictures of family (katherine and my sister)
36. fix the kitchen linoleum
paint the closet floor and get a new organizer for hats, etc.
buy placemats that won’t wrinkle or shrink.
Get yellow striped straws, yellow candy, and a yellow pepper grinder for my kitchen.
buy a wireless printer.
get more bowls and 4 egg cups.
paint our bed and nightstand?
43. Replace the plastic downspot with a length of chain spray painted black.
44. add ceiling medallions to the entryway and the dining room.
uy new sheets and a new duvet cover to replace the worn ones that had to be tossed*
46. buy a composter from the city
47. buy two more chairs for the outdoor dining table, and two more chairs for the inside dining table.
Get another floor lamp for the living room.
Cost Plus green pillow*
do we need another bookshelf in the living room?
And those are the last 44 things we have left to do around the house. Ha.
Filed under: Uncategorized |