You Should Maybe Know (About Me and Other Things) Before You Spend the Entire Weekend at the Blathering.
1. I never turn down a tequila shot.
2. I sometimes get shy in large groups.
3. I giggle a lot.
4. I have charts and spreadsheets and printouts and inspiration pictures for the Blathering Decor but I am still a wee bit stressed about it. This is the never ending fate of a perfectionist.
5. My little sister has Down Syndrome. I am totally not cool with the word “retarded.” But if you slip up and say it around me, I am not a big enough ass hat that I will write your name on some list and hate you forever. It’s when I explain that it hurts me and people insist on doing it anyway on PURPOSE that I really get upset. But still. I’d really rather not hear it.
6. I have the world’s worst booze tolerance. If you see me throwing back shots me remind me to drink water.
7. I am totally amazed, astonished and unbelievably excited that what was once a casual tiny idea in an email and then what was once dinner in my backyard has become something that 50 people are coming to! It blows my mind how awesome you guys all are.
8. I enjoy a sequined hat at least as much as the next person.
9. I am so excited for a night in which I won’t be awoken by a shrieken baby, you have no idea.
10. Every article of clothing I posses is apparently the same damn shade of navy blue.
11. So there’s this certain famous blogging conference where it seems like beforehand people talk a lot about HOW to have a good time and then they all come back from it and talk about how they all had such a good time and I don’t know about you but it never really seems like most of them have actually had a good time. There’s a lot of HOW to have a good time information out there for how much good time it seems that people actually have. If you know what I mean. Probably I’m wrong, probably it’s a laugh riot, but whatever. Anyway.
The Blathering is…not like that. You do not need to study instructions beforehand on how to have a good time. It’s an actual good time, and it doesn’t matter what you look like or how many people read your blog or who follows you on Twitter or where you go to church or IF you go to church, we will be nice to you, and some people you might not click with and some people may not become your best friend but EVERYONE will be nice to you. And some people might surprise you. For example last year I finally met Lauren in person, and on paper perhaps Lauren and I don’t have a lot in common (she is churchy, I am not, she is a Republican, I am not), and in reality Lauren and I have SO MANY things in common that it’s a little shocking, in fact I think we understand some things about life that only other people who have been through those things GET and she has become one of my favorite people. So as I said, you just never know. But you can know that you will have a good time.
12. I have never been to Texas! I have been studying up, but I still can never remember anything about the Alamo. I also can’t remember where we keep the peanut butter or my ATM password, so there you go.
13. I am bringing 7 pairs of shoes. This strikes me as excessive, but I cannot really persuade myself to do much about it.
Filed under: Uncategorized |