Also, those links are the only previous year I can find, even though I know I’ve done this a million times. Whatever.
Here’s our Big Terrible House List for 2012:
(And how exciting that “Refinish the hardwood floors” is not on there anymore!)
1. Install shoe base in the whole house.
2. Prime and paint the baseboards.
3. Paint all the inside trim.
4. Repaint and poly the kitchen cabinets. (They should have been poly’ed the first time and now they’re all dinged up.)
5. Buy a new TV
6. Buy a living room rug.
7. Buy a bedroom rug.
8. Fix the backyard.
9. Install the ceiling medallion in the dining room and the entryway.
10. Install the green light fixture in the kids room.
11. Finish decorating the kids room.
12. Patch the entryway floor.
13. Figure out the stair thresh hold.
14. Fix the front window and add a window sill and trim.
15. Replace the non matching kitchen floor section.
16. Install thresh holds all over the house. (kitchen to dining room, back door, and entryway).
Get a new doorknob for our bedroom.
18. Replace the front door and the front screen door. (I’ve been waiting three years for this! Is this my year?!)
19. Paint the bookshelf in the living room.
Buy a new white slipcover for the IKEA chair.
Frame my mandarin festival poster.
22. Buy casters for my desk, and try moving it into the bedroom again.
23. Buy that kitchen print I like and put it in the kitchen.
24. Replace the kitchen counters on one side with IKEA butcher block.
25. Refinish the electric chair or buy a new living room chair.
26. Have the refrigerator plumbed so we can use the ice maker.
27. Add a drawer pull out to one more kitchen cabinet.
28. Buy a new duvet cover for our bedroom.
29. Buy a composter for the backyard.
30. Take off the butt ugly down spout by the roses and replace it with a rain chain.
31. Remove the ugly edging next to the roses and replace it with something, remulch the front and the side by the roses.
32. Buy an olive tree and plant it in my giant pot.
33. Fix all the lattice work that is falling apart.
34. Figure out what to do with that stupid palm tree.
35. Buy a potting table.
36. Put shutters on the front of the house.
Won’t happen but would love to do:
37. Tile the front steps
38. Get new counters and a subway tile backsplash
39. Put the windows back in the living room.
40. Raise the kitchen cabinets and add crown molding.
Whew. I am sure I will accomplish all this in no time.
Ok, now everyone go make lists of their own! For some reason these are one of my favorite things to read at this time of year.
Filed under: Uncategorized |