I suppose I am going to have to go to the grocery store. This can only be accomplished with two children by extreme ignorance. You have to wait just long enough from the last time you did it so that you can’t remember how absolutely terrible it was. That time period is about six weeks, at least for me.
But seriously, I think I’m a little depressed. Mr. E and I have reached this point where all of a sudden, it’s HORRIBLE to take these children anywhere. Absolutely horrible. For the longest time we’d go out to eat at our favorite mexican restaurant or have a last minute craving for Chinese and it was no big deal. And then in the last month or so, Katie Dubs has just turned into this blond TORNADO. We can’t get anything done, we can’t go anywhere, it’s a complete disaster.
So why not take her to Trader Joe’s, am I right?
Hmmm. I am having second thoughts. Well, here’s what I’d cook if I could go to the grocery store.
1. The tostadas from Sarah’s blog. These sound super awesome to me right now.
2. And the spinach salad from Sarah, which also looks yummers.
3. Ok, so basically, I’m stalking Sarah. And making her BBQ Chicken Pizza.
4. I know, I have a problem. Which is why I am making her asian slaw recipe as well. I think I will combine it with a rotisserie chicken someone else cooked.
5. Baked mac and cheese plus pork tenderloin plus applesauce plus some kind of green thing. Brussel sprouts?
6. Steak, polenta with mushrooms and chard, and salad.
7. Frozen lasagna and garlic bread and salad, which negates the frozen lasagna because I am picking it from my own garden.
8. I haven’t been feeling all that awesome lately. (NOT PREGNANT). When I feel not all that awesome, what I really want to eat is fake Thanksgiving, like turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy and cranberry sauce. But I have NO IDEA how to make SOME turkey. Does anyone know how to do this? I could buy turkey breast tenderloins but I don’t know how to make them taste good and not like disgustingly turkey ish. Any ideas?
9. I also have a crap load of swiss chard and kale growing in my garden, so at some point I am going to make either gnocchi plus swiss chard or swiss chard pasta. Or maybe bacon plus swiss chard plus tomatoes plus penne. That sounds like something that could go well on the side of some smoked pork chops, but then I’d have to make another trip to the smoked pork chop store, and that sounds tiring. They do have the good pico there though, so maybe.
Filed under: Uncategorized |