ETA: I bought a car! It is a very lovely Ford Escape, and all the doors open when you hit a clicky button! How exciting.
Let’s not even talk about the Jetta, and the fact that after it finally returned home last night, it wouldn’t freaking start this morning.
Apparently, God doesn’t want me to go to the library. I can only assume it’s his fault that I watched all five episodes of Smash last night. (Meh.)
Anyway, I obviously need a new car. Here is what I am looking for, in no particular order:
1. Will not break down in traffic as I am turning left into Save Mart with two children in the back seat. Actually, I said in no particular order, but this quality is pretty much at the top of the list.
2. Easy to put car seats in and out of the back seat, but has enough room back there that my husband can put his seat back ALL THE WAY (so annoying) without crushing the 5 year olds legs.
3. Good for a short person AND a tall person to drive and see out of. (Erik is 6′ 3″, I am 5′ 1″). The only way I can see out of the Jetta is to shove on the seat upper lever with all my might and then sit on a pillow.
4. Since we share it, and are of vastly different heights, it would be nice if it had one of those buttons that automatically remembered a seat position.
5. A stereo that actually works and that I can plug an MP3 player into.
6. A third row would be nice, but is not REQUIRED. But I would like more cargo space than we have now. I’d like to not have to figure out how to MacGuyver things like tvs and patio furniture into the trunk.
7. Good gas mileage.
8. Ideally a five year old would not be able to climb on it when it is parked in the driveway.
9. I want to push a button and have the doors open or close. LIVING THE DREAM.
10. And it needs to be reasonably affordable. Let’s say in the new CRV range. We can’t afford a minivan, at least not one that’s any more reliable than the car that’s currently in the shop for the THIRD TIME.
Filed under: Uncategorized |