1. I think pregnancy and Eli’s weight dramatics have given me permanent anxiety about going to the doctor. Seriously, I could not hate it more. This amount of anxiety over something so stupid is ridiculous! It makes me wonder if my “be less anxious” medicine is actually working.
2. So far the “uniform” is working out quite well, although I had to return about half the stuff I ordered online because I forgot that American Eagle is actually for 12 year old girls and all their skirts are crazy pants short. But I cleaned out my drawers and now that I have somethings that fit and all these colors that go together, it’s actually starting to be fun to get dressed in the morning again.
3. Although I did realize that the “uniform” is super skewed towards hot weather and MUCH EASIER to figure out for summer months. Although yes, it’s hot here a lot, I think I will have to revisit the issue in the fall. I’m thinking boots/a new coat/wintery type skirts that can be worn with tights or leggings.
4. In other news, I have stopped doing my children’s laundry. My (super generous) cousin sends me all of her daughter’s hand me downs, and between those things and my MIL and Target and thrifting, my kids have a ton of clothes. One day it occurred to me that doing laundry every time the laundry basket was full made no sense at all. It just meant that I was always folding or washing or putting away childrens clothes, when in fact their drawers were still crammed full of clean things. So I thought I’d see how long we could go before someone ran out of something, and then I’d just do all the kid laundry in one day. Sometimes I sneak something I know they have a little less of into my laundry (underwear or pants) but so far, I haven’t emptied the big laundry bin in their room, and I started filling a diaper box with dirty laundry, and no one has run out of anything, and it’s been totally awesome not spending every minute of my day either doing laundry or thinking I should be doing laundry.
GOD MY LIFE IS EXCITING DON’T YOU THINK?
5. If this terrible rainy gray cold weather keeps up, I am moving to Minnesota.
6. The past two weeks have been a heady mixture of sickness/rain/leaking windows/car break downs/ear infections/cramps. I’m waiting for a tree to land on our house. As thrilled as I am to spend all my time with a child crying on me/barfing on me/wiping snot on me, I’m about done with this sheniganizing. I’m not asking for lottery winning here, but I am going to need either some sunshine, some health improvements, or something to take that’s stronger than Tylenol PM.
7. I am really happy about my new car, though. Mr. E and I both secretly decided that after we’re done with this car (which is only 2 years old) we want a brand new car, and from now on we’re only getting new cars, and then convened in the kitchen to tell each other this while filling syringes of Children’s Motrin. Keep in mind that the Jetta was used when we bought it, and we drove that car for 11 years. ELEVEN YEARS. This new car has door locks that open when you push a button! It’s pretty exciting. (I realize that this makes me sound like an idiot. But I find it genuinely fascinating that we hear so much about how things don’t matter and it’s what in your heart that counts or whatever mumbo jumbo people are platituding all over Pinterest and yet, this nice clean newish car makes me so damn happy every time I get in it, multiple times a day. I just find that fascinating.)
8. I am also fascinated with winning the lottery. It’s one of my favorite things to think about and talk about. Mr. E and I have had honest to god GIANT FIGHTS about what we’d do with the money if we won, but I also spend A LOT of time worrying and reading about how the lottery can ruin your life and supposedly will probably make you miserable. Isn’t that so interesting? ALL THIS MONEY can just ruin your life, or so they say. I spend way more time thinking about the lottery than I should, especially when you consider the fact that I have never actually purchased a lottery ticket.
9. I bought a new rug for the living room. I do not like it. But it literally NEVER shows kid stains or dirt. So there’s that.
10. I am really tired of feeling sick.
Filed under: Uncategorized |