I’m not going to call these Resolutions because I think 35 things is too many things to RESOLVE. I don’t know. Just go with it. But here’s what I’d like to get done this year:
1. Move my blog and redesign it so it doesn’t look so sad and abandoned.
2. Visit our nation’s capital. (March)
3. Drink rum drinks with 59 of my favorite people, sitting on a beach.
4. Do Whole 30 for January, and if I like it, do it again.
5. Do a No Shopping month.
Throw a killer Super Hero Birthday party. Edited To: Decide not to throw a killer Super Hero party, and instead throw a super easy gymnastics party.
7. Throw a killer Hello Kitty Birthday party.
8. Have a neighborhood movie night.
9. Learn to use my new sewing machine. I sewed something with it and I threaded it twice! Go me!
10. Get a certain two year old weaned off bottles, potty trained, and into a big girl bed.
11. Finally finally finally get a new front door.
12. Spend more time outside.
13. Finish my living room to my satisfaction.
14. Finish all the little crap all over the house that needs to get done if we ever want to move.
15. Give a Gift a Month. (
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec)
Figure out where to find $50 in my budget so I can get all the good TV channels so I can watch Girls, Homeland, and Mad Men. They’re the only TV shows I actually like, why am I not watching them?
Edited to Add: Although it is an excellent suggestion, you can’t order new episodes of Girls or Homeland from Amazon or Itunes like you can with Mad Men. However, it’s turns out it’s only $7 a month for Showtime and $8 a month for HBO, so we just added those channels. I am very excited about this.
You can’t add just AMC though, you have to add that entire cable tier, so it costs some ridiculous amount to do that, and you CAN buy episodes of Mad Men on Amazon, so we’ll just buy a season pass for $18 instead of paying $35 just to get AMC.
17. Repaint and finish the kids room.
18. Start taking walks again.
19. Get a hair cut.
20. Learn to drive somewhere scary and make it not scary to drive there.
21. Figure out the stupid Iphone thing, bore you with my Instagram pictures.
Learn to roast a chicken as well as my mom.
23. Re read all my favorite YAF novels and make an Ultimate Top Ten List.
24. Go through the kids clothes and save a few things and give the rest away.
25. Rip the garage down the studs and start over.
26. Have a tomato party.
27. Figure out how to store way too many pairs of shoes in my closet.
28. Either figure out the wireless printer or beat it to a pile of rubble in an open field.
29. Start a monthly favorites column.
30. Go to Napa with my husband, or my girlfriends, or basically anyone that wants to sit around with me with a bottle of wine and no damn children.
31. Buy a new pair of underwear a month, throw out an old pair. Aren’t you excited that I ended this on that note? Old Underwear!
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec.) 32. Put every single appointment, outing, event, etc on the calendar by the front door so everyone knows what’s going on at all times.
33. Go out to dinner with my husband once a month. (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec)
34. Start a family game night.
35. Call my brother and sister more often.
Woo Hoo! Let’s do this thing.
Filed under: Uncategorized |