(Much thanks to Swistle for instructions on how to get that blasted arrow off of Amazon images.)
The Very Best:
(please note: I do not mean the best books written this year. I mean the books I enjoyed most.)
4. Sweet Tooth. The ending saved this book for me, mega big time.
6. The Cranes Dance. (If you like books or movies about ballet, I’d HIGHLY recommend this.)
7. The Fault in Our Stars. (I prefer Looking for Alaska, but I still really liked this book, and it was the one published this year, so I put this one on the list.)
8. Signs of Life. This MAY be my favorite book of the whole year. Seriously. I LOVE this book.
9. The Starboard Sea. My favorite waspy book of the year.
10. The Snow Child. This is right up there for favorite book. Top five for sure.
11. The Kings of Cool. My love for Don Winslow cannot be overstated.
12. The Likeness. This came out in 2009, so it’s kind of stupid to make it my number one book of the year, but I think it is my favorite book I read all year.
Still Very Good, but Not Top Ten And by Ten I Mean Thirteen:
Filed under: Book Reviews |